Adventures of Kali in Cali: Week 22: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 22: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hello everyone!

First... Happy Birthday to my lovely Mom who turned 30 years old! ;)
Merry Christmas
Next.... So sorry I did not send a group email last week.  We have had some crazy P-days and not much has happened other than Christmas.  It was a lot of fun talking to my family and seeing their faces.  I hope you all had a great Christmas as well.  On Christmas day we talked to our families and then went and visited a lot of our less active members.  It was a lot of fun to go and visit them because they loved that we thought about them and brought them a message about the true meaning of Christmas!  The spirit was really strong all throughout the day.

Happy New Year!
My companion is slowly getting better from her sickness but I got sick again this week.  It is all from this freezing California weather ;) really though.. the whole mission is sick because this year the weather is alot colder than usual and there has been some rain as well.

Look Mom...we found a cat!
The work in our area is going really slow. We always have a lot of potential investigators and we go and talk to them but they aren't quite ready to make the changes that they need to make.  We have been working with the Preciado family still and we are hoping that everything works out with Illusion and her baptism :)

Oh Christmas Tree!
In YSA we got a new branch president and he is so awesome.  He wants to do alot of work and wants to have the missionaries involved with it all so we are super excited to see a lot of progress with the YSA branch.  I love working with them and being with people who are my own... ish age and also speak English haha
Pumpkin Muffins with Sister Otte
Hope you all have a great week and enjoyed the beginning of 2016!  I love you all :)
love,
Sister McMinn

California has possums too!

Please mom...can I keep it?

1 comment: