Adventures of Kali in Cali: Called to Serve

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Called to Serve

April 10th was one of the longest days EVER!  The day before my dad had checked the progress of my papers and it had been assigned!! Now I just had to wait.. which I am not very good at.  I knew that my mission call would probably be there the next day so, of course, that is the only thing that I was focused on.  On April 10th I texted my brother and my mom many times to go and check the mail just in case the mailman decided to come a little bit early that day.  Finally I got this picture from Kyle!!
Probably the best selfie that I have ever received!  You should have seen the dance I did and the many tears of joy! And the hardest part... I still had to go to Chemistry!  Luckily my call went to my house and I was in Provo so either way I had to be patient. Again!  

Finally after what felt like an eternity Chemistry was done and I was hoping on a train to take me to Layton to meet my family and finally open my call!! :) I have never been so nervous yet so excited for something. I had the hardest time opening my call because I was shaking so much! 

Now the moment of truth....


Dear Sister McMinn, (cue tears)
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California Los Angeles mission.  It is anticipated that you will serve 18 months.
You should report to the Mexico MTC for Wednesday, August 5th, 2015.  You will be prepared to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.

WHAATTT?!?

AHHHHH!

I am going to California AND speaking Spanish!! I secretly really wanted to stay stateside but I also wanted to learn a new language... I got the best of both worlds!

Right before I opened my call I went into a quiet room and prayed to my Heavenly Father asking if He would help me to know that no matter where I was called I would know that my call is inspired, that I will know this is where I am supposed to go and that I will love these people that I am going to serve.  As I read Los Angeles I immediately felt a love that I have never felt before.  I love these people that I have never even met and I can not wait to finally meet them and teach them all about the gospel and the happiness that it will bring into their lives.  I know, without a doubt, that LA is where I am supposed to go.   I am so grateful for the opportunity I get to serve a mission to not only bring these amazing people to Christ but also to bring myself closer to my Savior! 

I love this Gospel.  I love my Savior.  I love my family.  And.. I love the people of Los Angeles!
Love,
Hermana McMinn







No comments:

Post a Comment