Adventures of Kali in Cali: Week 12: We pulled it off with a HITCH!

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 12: We pulled it off with a HITCH!

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 
~Matthew 5:16
Don't shine so that others can see you, shine so that through you, others can see Him.

Hola Familia!

Well guess what!? I finished my first transfer as a missionary here in the CLAM :)  Crazy how fast this transfer went and I heard that it only goes faster from here!  But we had transfer calls last night and I found out that I will be staying in Hermosa Liahona (where I am at now) but my companion is leaving! :(  I am super bummed about that one but I heard that my new companion is so awesome so I will let you know more about that one this next week!!

Kali and Hermana Vincent

We had such an awesome week this week!!  Ignacio and Georgina got married on Monday and it was the cutest, most awkward wedding I have ever been to! haha :)  They were so excited to get married and it was just a really small wedding of the bishop, my comp Sister Vincent and me but it was amazing.  The spirit that was felt in that meeting was so strong.  I knew that Heavenly Father was so proud of the steps that Ignacio and Georgina were making and how blessed they are going to be.  The family is such a huge blessing and is such a huge part of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have realized the importance more and more.  I am so grateful for all of my family and the support that you all give me. 

Throughout the week we had some really great lessons and found some really awesome potentials that I will hopefully be talking more about in the future :)  But this week we had some fun experiences with animals...  I was walking one night and ran straight into a spider and it was HUGE! Screamed a little bit but felt better once I stepped on it :)  Another night we went home and there was an opossum sitting in our parking spot!! I had no clue that possums were in California.. I thought I had stepped into Tennessee for a minute :)  And we are constantly having moments where I am scared that a dog is going to bite my leg off but it is totally fine haha :)


The best day ever was Sunday though!  Ignacio and Georgina were finally baptized.  I just love that family so much and their two little twins, Michelle and Dylan.  It was such a spiritual service and after the baptism we asked Georgina how she felt and she just had the biggest smile on her face and said she was so happy.  I love the opportunity that I get to share this gospel with others and to bring them joy!  I am so glad that I get to stay in Hermosa Liahona for at least one more transfer so that I can be with this family a little bit longer!
Baptism day for Georgina and Ignacio!

Well have an awesome week and thank you for all of the prayers!!
Hoorah for Israel :)
Love,
Hermana McMinn

No comments:

Post a Comment