Adventures of Kali in Cali: Week 9: Come Listen to the Prophet's Voice

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 9: Come Listen to the Prophet's Voice

Hey family and friends!!

What an awesome opportunity we had to listen to the voice of the prophet of God and His apostles this weekend!!  We are so lucky to get to hear to words of Christ.  This General Conference was sooo good!!  I loved President Monson's talk about being an example.  That really is the best way that we can all be missionaries is by doing what is right at all times not just because people are watching but because it is what we should be doing.  But the thing is... people will see you doing what is right and they will see a  special light about you and want to know what is different.  We have the light of Christ in us when we are doing what we are supposed to!  I can't wait to read the talks again in the Ensign.  All of the talks were amazing and the 3 new apostles are going to be so awesome!  I could feel the Spirit so strong when they were called and while they were talking.  It is so cool to know that they are called of God!

As we make Christ the center of our lives, our fears will be replaced by the courage of our convictions.
~President Thomas S. Monson

So Ignacio and Georgina are getting married!! We just need to pick a date and it is a done deal.  I am so excited for them because once that happens the next step will be baptism.  They are so awesome and are so willing to do exactly what they need to do to follow Christ more.  They are such awesome examples!  They are basically my family here.

I don't have much time today but I just am so glad that I get to be here serving a mission and being an instrument for my Savior.  I love talking to people everyday and brightening their day... even when they aren't very nice to us! haha :)  I love it here in Cali!!

Have an awesome week and don't forget to pray and read your scriptures! haha :)

Love,
Hermana McMinn


No comments:

Post a Comment