Adventures of Kali in Cali: Week 2: An Instrument in the Hands of God

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 2: An Instrument in the Hands of God

As we emulate His perfect example, our hands can become His hands; our eyes, His eyes; our heart, His heart.
~ President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

So another week has passed here at the CCM and it was seriously the fastest week EVER!  I never thought the saying, Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days, would be true but it is!  I still love it here.  This is one of the hardest but most rewarding thing that I have ever done.  

CCM Campus in Mexico City

This week we got two new investigators, Coby and Clariza.  Our investigators are just our teachers but they are really good at pretending like they don't know what is going on.  We started to plan for Clariza's lesson and we were planning on teaching her about the Restoration and about repentance.  As we started to have personal study and were studying about those two subjects my companion and I both looked up at each other and said, this is not what we are supposed to be teaching her.  We ended up completely switching our lesson plan to teaching her how to pray and just letting her know that God loves her very much.  It was way cool that both me and my companion had the exact same idea.  I can now testify that the Spirit is in charge of our lessons.  We are just there to invite the Spirit.  

On the first day that we got here we met some Elders and they were all from Mexico and they said that they were going to help us with our Spanish.  They are seriously some of my best friends now.  They say that they are going to come a visit especially in the winter because they want to see some real snow.  They left yesterday to their missions and I miss them already!!



We went to the temple open house this morning and it was so pretty.  And it was way nice to finally get out of the CCM for some air for a little while.  We werent allowed to take any pictures because it was a really fast trip but it was such an awesome experience to go a feel close to the same spirit that we feel in all the other temples.  The Mexico City temple is the 3rd largest temple in the world after Salt Lake and DC.  It had 11 sealing rooms and 4 instruction rooms!! 

Mexico City Temple with companion Hermana Wilson

Every day here at the CCM is the exact same.  We get up at about 6:20 and get ready to go to personal study time with our district.  Then breakfast then exercise.  My companion likes to run and work out with me so that makes it so much easier to exercise.  After that we go and sit in the classroom for about 3 hours and listen to our teachers who only speak Spanish to us!  We then go to lunch and then plan, study, and prepare our lessons for our investigators.  It is seriously a jam packed day.  I dont realized that I am tired until I get back to our room and dont have anything else to do except for write in my journal.

Here at the CCM I am learning a lot of patience.  Patience with my companion just because it is weird to have someone with you 24/7.  Patience with the language because I want to know Spanish NOW.  And patience with myself.  I am so excited to get to LA but I know that my time here at the CCM is limited and I need to soak up every minute that I can here and learn as much as I can.

So one day I was getting really frustrated with my Spanish and I decided to take a break and read my scriptures for a minute and I came across Alma 17:10-11.  It is probably one of my favorite scriptures now.  Be comforted.. and I will make thee an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Alma 17:10-11
10 And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit , and said unto them: Be comforted . And they were comforted. 
11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls. 

I love you all and I know this church is true and that Jesus Christ lives!
Love,
Hermana McMinn

Trying Mexican candy.. wasn't too bad.  Kind of spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment