Adventures of Kali in Cali: Week 5: Put on this Earth to Succeed

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 5: Put on this Earth to Succeed

I have mixed feelings about the rain.. especially on days when I actually do my hair!

 But I still love it... even though it is freezing in Mexico.. what is that all about!!

Hola from the CCM for only one more week!  I am almost done here and I have mixed feelings about this.  I am so excited to get to Los Angeles and start my mission but I am going to miss my district and I would love to learn some more Spanish here.  Too bad for that.. I am about to get thrown into the Spanish!  I absolutely love being a missionary though and getting to put my name tag every morning.  This week I have realized how much joy this gospel has brought into my life and the hope also.  I have also realized the amazing blessings of prayer.

So not much happened this week.  All of our investigators are doing really well and I am starting to answer all of their questions in Spanish and almost exactly what I want to say.  It is really cool teaching lessons because my Spanish gets so much better during that time but then right after I struggle conjugating and stuff.  The gift of tongues is real and I am very grateful for it.

The Lord will reward and richly bless you as you humbly prayerfully serve him. More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among his children.
~Preach My Gospel

Funny moment that happened this week.. so my companion Hermana Wilson and I decided that we were going to have a language fast for one whole day so that means that we would speak in only Spanish or some really bad Spainglish.  At lunch we sat by another group of missionaries that we had never met and started talking to them in Spanish and got some general background. We told them that we were from Utah and Idaho and where we were going on our missions.  A missionsry that was kind of by us wanted to ask us a question and started to ask in English but then turned to his companion and asked if we spoke English!! We laughed soo hard!  It was a good confidence booster for our Spanish that is for sure!! :)

The spiritual moment for the week was when my district went outside with our teacher and we read about Enos and how he prayed for a long time and recieved a remission of his sins and then started praying for the Lamanites and everything.  Our teacher gave us 15 minutes to pray for as long as we wanted and to pour our hearts out to the Lord and then write down how we felt.  It was such a calming feeling to pray about going to the field and knowing that everything was going to be okay because I will have the help of the Lord on my side because I am doing His work.

"He will never abandon you.  Heavenly Father puts us on this Earth to succeed gloriously.  He will fit the task to your capability." -Richard G. Scott

This was a very comforting quote as this coming week  I prepare to go out into the field and I know that this is true.
Heel click porque solo una semana mas en el CCM!  I am coming for you LA!!

I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers!!  I don¨t know if I will be getting a Pday next week so we will see how that goes!!  Have a good week and talk to you all soon!

Love,
Hermana Kali McMinn
 Awkward photo of me and my comp Hermana Wilson

The pics from last week! our latino friends... Elder Lopez, me, my comp, Elder Aragon, Elder Quintero

No comments:

Post a Comment